Hyperion Crypto Fund

20th Apr 2018

Hyperion is a closed-end venture fund focused on ICOs (Initial coin offerings).


  • 12.5% performance
  • No Managment fee

ICO Details

  • Pre-ICO: April 30, 2018
  • Public ICO: May 3, 2018

Hyperion analysis 


  • Access to early-stage ICOs. For the individual investor this is very difficult to achieve as most ICOs are now being bought out before they reach the public funding phase.
  • The retail crypto investors could easily be lured into an investment with Low-Quality ICOs because of the resources needed to analysis ICOs.
  • Some ICOs which had all the right elements 10xed on their price, the potential for the price of the ICO token to either go to the moon or Mariana is potentially higher than one of the top cap cryptocurrencies doing the same.
  • Investing in multiple ICOs means that many organisations will have your KYC info and increase the risk of identity theft. With Hyperion, you do the KYC once
  • The team will take only 2.5% of the initial pot as founders reward. Out of the remaining 97.5% only 2% will be used for administrative purposes. This is low compared to industry standards.
  • Crypto20 was a successful ICO, with a successful implementation of their white paper.
  • Hyperion issues no dividends, which makes it a utility token rather than a security token. Security tokens come with a lot of strings attached, for example not all exchanges list security tokens.


  • Hyperion issues no dividends, which means those who want a passive income need to sell their IHF tokens and investors do not have an easy passive way to get their initial investment out.
  • There is no track record of the team’s investment knowledge. The Hyperion team also manages the C20 passive crypto fund. Managing a passive income fund is very different from an actively managed one.
  • It seems there are only one fund manager and one analyst to manage the Hyperion Fund, ICO analysis is time intensive although the team claims some level of AI-based screening bots.
  • Whenever I see AI mentioned in a white paper, I get worried.
  • According to an S& P 500 research report. in traditional stock markets, only 1 in 20 actively managed funds beat index funds and only 34.11% of large-cap mutual funds that existed 15 years ago are around today. Will this also occur in the crypto markets?


Similar Funds to Hyperion 

Not investment advice. Not financial advice. Consult your financial advisor. Not a recommendation to buy, sell or hold. The staff of this site may own these digital asset/s mentioned on this page. Investing is risky and you may lose all your capital. See full disclaimer.

Keep in mind that we may receive commissions when you click our links and make purchases. However, this does not impact our reviews and comparisons. We try our best to keep things fair and balanced, in order to help you make the best choice for you.

Author: Jim Reynolds
Jim Reynolds. Is passionate about finance, passive income and cryptocurrencies. He writes about his passions on NodesOfValue.com. He has worked in the tech and financial industry for a few decades. He holds a masters in business admin and a bachelors in IT. All his writings are not investment advice.

Submit a question or Suggest a passive income asset for our review:
By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!