The world is burning but as a true believer in financial freedom, you will not let Mad Max come between you and your earlier retirement. Mad Max and his gang can go to hell! The dividend aristocrats, VTI, Masternodes, BTL properties are a distant memory. Day one in this new world, you set out to realign the environment with your target. Financial Freedom may have been delayed but your heart still burns with the yearning of FIRE. You are intent to create new passive income streams that will set you back on track for your financial freedom!
There are various levels of societal collapse, here we discuss a scenario where the electricity is out. No running water, no internet, no diesel or petrol, no freezers, no iPhone and no hairdryers.
Some of these ideas are not 100% passive, but they are low maintenance. In a collapse scenario there might be enough unemployed and trustworthy talent to run these business on your behalf once they are up and running smoothly!
These ideas need inputs, preparing these before hand will make setting these up a lot easier. Today some of the tools, information and software mentioned below are almost free. However when the schumer hits the fan they will become scarce and so valuable.
When embarking on any enterprise in a difficult environment there is a fine line between profiting from disaster and providing genuine services for the community. It makes a lot of sense to help others as much as you can to establish a society which protects property rights. Without property rights, financial freedom is impossible anyway. At first it might make sense to either engage in these activates for free or to give out credit. Credit sounds harsh, but in effect it would protect your valuable equipment against damage.
This is not in any way financial advice, start up advice or any other kind of advice. These are some ideas from the top of my head. They might make sense today, but less so when blood is on the streets. Take them with a pinch of salt and add your own common sense.
- Rent agricultural tools
- Rent defensive equipment: barbed wire, bullet proof vests, helmets, gloves, hard hats
- Rent medical equipment.
- Rent snares and traps
- Insurance on all of the above!
- Rent tents
- Create a local cryptocurrency
- Provide Micro loans directly or create a peer to peer network of which you are the clearing house
- Offer Bitcoin transfer services
- Create a new credit rating system
- Create a safe marketplace to exchange goods
- Buy and Sell information on the best safest routes, the best places to hide, the best places to forage, and where the next drop of humanitarian aid will happen.
- Open source software: Install open source software.
- Allow people to access to local instance of Wikipedia.
- Rent Homer Pigeons
- Setup a postal service
- Create a safe area where people can trade
- Teach people self defence
- Install software that creates a mesh network.
- Recharge batteries from solar panels or wind turbines
- Sell Heirloom Seeds
- Sell fruit from your orchards
- Give agricultural/foraging courses
- Breed, rent and sell beasts of burden
- Breed, rent and sell guard dogs
- Breed, rent and sell Chickens and Goats
- Collect excrement and sell it as fertiliser (Processed or unprocessed!)
- Create a safe area to work then rent it to medical staff.
- Rent medical equipment
- Provide first aid courses
- Coordinate efforts to create or restart energy sources. Setup a maintenance teams and reconnect these to the grid.
- Filter water en-mass, then share it with others or sell it.
- Coordinate repair teams to restore houses or create temporary shelter.
- Become a middle man between those who have space to rent and those seeking out rental places.
A product might be of no cost to you but be priceless to people in a difficult situation. What this means is that your absolute power needs to be wielded very wisely. Giving free fruit to parents of hungry children will create an unforgettable debt, which they will voluntarily repay many times over when the better times come. The means do not always justify the means.
Will the world collapse? Of course it will, it already has many times in the past. Collapse is a radical change from the current life style to a new one, usually for the worse. The people experiencing the great depression, WWI, WWII, the crusades, Black Death have witnessed their lives change overnight. However as intelligent bipeds the dream of passive income and early retirement can still hold ground with some forethought!:)