Not investment or financial advice. This is not an endorsement or recommendation to buy, sell or hold. The staff of this site may own the asset/s mentioned on this page. Investing is risky and you may lose all your capital. Do your own research. See full disclaimer.
We receive no direct payments from the mentioned companies. Some links on this page are affiliate links, at no extra cost to you, we may receive commissions when you use them. However, we try our best to keep our articles fair and balanced.
Financing platform for renewable energy projects with a focus on Solar Production and Wind production, opportunity to raise capital by selling future energy production.
WePower Passive Income
- The developers that finance the project through the plaftorm will donate 0.9% of their energy to a pool which the token holders have access to. Each project will have it’s own Token, these tokens can either be sold or used as energy.
- The Token allows for priority access to energy auctions.
WePower analysis and review.
- Renewable energy is a growing sector
- The CEO Nikolaj Martynuik has been the CEO of Modus Energy a development company for renewable energy.
- The CTO Kaspar Kaarlep worked for 7 years with Elektrilevi, where he also worked as CTO.
- WePower token holders will have priority access to auctions.
- The promise is that UI will be simple and easy to use. (not designed for blockchain experts)
- Already in partnerhsip with Elering, to tokenize electricity distribtion in Estonia.
- An SBC Australian energy startup accelarator will use WePower
- Platform should be launched in April 2018.
- Starting in Spain and Australia and then moving to Portugal.
- EU Regulators have said that the platfrom does not breal any rules (at this time).
- EROEI – Of Different energy resources.
- An energy supply license is required in every country where energy is supplied.
- Some renewable energy projects and system rely on goverment subsidies to be profitable
- There are multiple competitiors in tokenizing energy, although at this time they are not direct competitors they could easily be in the near future. See Also : RestartEnergy and PowerLedger
- Renewable energy developers have multiple financing options and they will choose the most attractive one to them.
- Tokenizing energy on the blockchain is a very new concept that still needs to be tested in the real world.
- The energy producers are giving a donation to the token holders, they are not legally liable to pay anything. This is defined in the whitepaper.
- Could be classified as a security in some jurisdictions.
- Only 54% of the tokens have been distributed.
Powerledger has an equity model for financiing energy products and is focused on peer to peer energy exchange through microgrids., WePower is focused on utility scale projects.
More information : https://wepower.network/